We had a ton of service this past week. We had a huge
Momon helping hands thing. Elder Tanefski and I knocked out a ton of
mulch just shoveling it and putting it in wheel barrels. Elder Empey got
his Visa so we are taking him to the airport on the 12th to go to
Uganda. Oh….best of all I am down to 170 lbs. Slowly but surely I
am losing it. We picked up 2 new investigators and Lola and Sabrina’s
baptism was pretty awesome. I gave the opening prayer so it was pretty
awesome! Lola actually gave me a hug when she saw me it was pretty
surpising! It was probably the best day on my mission so far… seeing them get
baptized!! Lola had to do it three times cause she kept coming up haha but the
third time he held her under which made it ten times better haha!! So you
know those Hush Puppy shoes… the ones that look like nice dress shoes?? I
really need another pair. Mine are getting pretty worn out. I wear
them every day. My other shoes give me blisters and it sucks! This was
super sad. So the transfer I got in here, the Elders that are still here
baptized a lady by the name of Nancy Goodwin. She had cancer and has been
really sick. It was a miracle they were even able to baptize her.
Anyway….she passed away yesterday. L
Today for P-day I am emailing, then going to Buffalo Wild Wings, then to the
spectrum to ride a Ferris Wheel and then to the church. Mishae sounds so
good. She emails me the email she sends to everyone and then she emails
me a personal one. She has a lot of Greenie Fire ha ha. It
seriously seems like yesterday that I was a Greenie myself. 8 transfers
in a year and I’m in the last week of my 7th transfer. Elder
Tanefski and I are staying in Irvine through the next transfer…Elder Empey is
just leaving for Africa. I seriously can’t believe how quickly time is
flying by. There comes a point in your mission where you are really
grounded in to the point where when you think about home you get teary eyed cause
you just love the people so much that the thought of leaving them sucks.
We have a planned bash tonight, so I’m trying to decide if I should just ruin
the guy or be nice. The guy contradicts himself so he believes in the
trinity so I asked him who Jesus Christ was praying to in the Garden of
Gethsemene and he said God the Father through the Holy Ghost. I was like
exactly which indicates that there are three and he said nope just one then I
was like what about when Christ was baptized in Matthew and he did it again ha
ha. I’m just going to go throw John in his face really hard ha ha!
I’ll be honest…the scriptures scare me. They go really hard and deep and
they change your life. One thing I will do for the rest of my life is do
an hour of scripture study daily…not only cause we need to use our eternal
progression but because the prophets and apostles said we need to. I
challenge you to do the same thing. Hey…can you hit me up with Caden’s
address. I email him but I think I need to write him a letter. I’ll
call you on Sunday…probably around 3:00 my time! I love you lots!
9 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment