Monday, April 7, 2014

9 months!




So on Tuesday, I was transferred to Irvine.  I am in a threesome and guess what?  I’m back with Elder Tanefski (my MTC Companion).  I am also a trainer to Elder Empey.  Elder Empey has been out only 6 weeks but he is way cool.  The downside to my transfer is that they are trying to change the face of   “Truck Elders” so guess what I am ha ha yup! a “Truck Elder”.  So knowing Mom…she and everyone else is probably wondering what a “Truck Elder” is. A “Truck Elder” is one who goes around all the mission and takes desks or beds or whatever Elders need to them.  Basically the area I am in was considered a “Pile” area and President Orgill is trying to change the face of it so he put three good missionaries in to change it.  I drive a 2013 Chevy Silverado and I do what I am supposed to do!  I am also training and whitewashing the area.  It’s hard and I have my work cut out for me but oh well…it’s what I need to do.  So I’m going to step up to the plate and change the area to what President Orgill wants.  Irvine is very different from Mission Viejo.  There are lots and lots of Asians like 90% Asian and 10% White.  I really do like the area.  The cool thing about Irvine is there is no power lines.  I get to go to dinner at President Orgill’s house for Elder Hegland’s farewell dinner.  Elder Hegland lives in Taylorville…maybe you could look him up.  Elder Tanefski had a cool experience a couple of weeks ago.  He is the only member in his family and the first member ever to serve a mission.  Anyway….a couple of weeks ago his Dad, and his brothers, and a few other family members came out to California.  Elder Tanefski was able to baptize his dad….cool huh?  I wish I could have been there.  It is so awesome serving with Elder Tanefski again.  We watched conference with the other Elders in our ward at a member’s house on Sunday and we watched it at the church on Saturday.  Attached are a couple of pictures from when we went golfing.  Love you all…talk to you again next week.

No comments: