 |
| Elder Hess and Diane |
 |
| Elder Buhler, Elder Hess, Diane, Elder Bufton |
Diane’s
baptism was crazy! The water was pretty
cold (my bad) so when she got in she squealed haha but right when she came up
from under she was so excited she like yelled "yay!!" HA HA… classic! Diane is a character….that is for sure! Other than that nothing really happened. How’s kell doing? I’ve been missing him the most lately. Probably because of a movie I’ve been
watching!! I’ve been watching a movie
called “Two Brothers”. It’s a 5,000 day
project thing some guy did. It’s about
Sam and Luke Nelson. It’s pretty good
and emotional…look it up! I still have
our missionary dog and it’s still pretty much the best thing ever. I’ll probably send Kellen and Karlee a letter
this week. Oh…I could really use some
stamps. The weather is still hot. We got some rain last week which helped with
the drought. Did you keep my mission call? Rylee’s friend from institute is
coming to this mission. Pretty cool…huh? I got sick again this last week. That's always fun! My companion and Brother
Chambers gave me a blessing and I was fine the next day. The
guy that was going to get baptized the same day as Diane didn’t get baptized….he
is still on vacation. Now that Diane has
finally gotten dunked…we haven’t got any new investigators. We are still teaching the Preacher’s wife and
his daughter but they are really bi-polar ha ha. One minute they want to get baptized and then
next minute they don’t ha ha. But….right
now they are saying they will get baptized in a year and a half. By that time I’LL BE HOME!!!!! I have absolutely no money but I am doing
fine. Not only did my bank card get
hacked but so did my mission card. So
right now I am waiting to get new ones of both.
It’s all good though….I have lost 5 pounds from eating less food and
from exercising. We have a couple of
weights at our house and I have been doing body work outs every day. Tell Kaitlyn I am really excited for
her. She will be a great
missionary! What the heck is up with all
our family being called in the states? I
would think that someone would get called outside. One thing is for sure…you really learn the
gospel when serving inside the states.
Maybe it’s because you don’t have to focus quite as hard on learning a
language? I know that life is full of
ups and downs and I try really hard to always stay positive but honestly I’m
having a tough time right now and I’m having a really hard time finding joy. Sometimes getting rejected all the time and
people not wanting to listen to you really gets hard. I carry a golf ball every day in my
pocket. The other day I went to our
investigator’s house. She has golf clubs
and those golf wiffle balls and I just went to town. She is probably missing all her balls because
they are all over the fence ha ha.
Anyway…I carry the golf ball in my pocket because it helps calm me
down. Sometimes I get frustrated at my
companion or some stupid person on the side of the road who calls us out….I
just pull the golf ball out of my pocket and it calms me down ha ha. Don’t get me wrong…I do get along with my
companion but sometimes it’s just his way or the highway so I do all I can to
make him happy so I break one of the rules and I let him drive the car so he is
happy. I hate breaking the rules but I’m
going to serve him and make him happy because the mission goes a whole lot
better and you have more success so I just do it! It totally works for me! I also taped our family picture to my Book of
Mormon. Seeing this picture every day
helps remind me that I can do it! Ian
(one of my zone leaders and a super great friend) is freaking leaving in 7
weeks. L He has helped me a ton….especially
today. Read Matthew 16:24-25. These scriptures just changed my life and
mission! Ian is absolutely awesome! We were hoping that I could get transferred
to him for his last part of his mission but the AP said I can’t leave where I
currently am because I’m doing good here.
Today marks 7 months! My 1 year
mark will be here before I know it.
No comments:
Post a Comment