Monday, November 18, 2013

Week 18

"We have been invited to like 5 Thanksgiving dinners…I shouldn’t starve.  The rest of today’s P-day will consist of me going to the dry cleaners and getting my pants fixed and tailored.  California is a lot harder mission than what I had expected.  The mission is hard just for the simple fact it’s one of the richest places to live.  We currently have about 11 investigators.  Dianne (one of our investigators) wants her son to dunk her or be there.  He lives in Texas so the only time he can come out is by Christmas so that’s when she will get in the water.  Remember the miracle I told you about?  The one where the Lady’s brother was dying?  Well…she is saying she will be baptized in January.  She wants to wait for Michael to fully recover and she also wants an Elder to baptize her who has already gone home.  We got a sick referral the other day.  We will be teaching a Mom and her Daughter.  The catch is the Father is a Preacher for his church so that’s gonna be eventful.  There is a Mormon message called “we are one”.  We have been sharing this message a lot to our ward and we are trying to get them to realize that we have 11 investigators but we as a companionship know we can’t get them ourselves but that the Lord wants us and also the member to help bring them to the fold.  As mean as it may sound, we threw down on the ward yesterday.   We have a discussion sign-up sheet and not a whole lot signed up so we told them that we have been instructed by the general authorities to teach 21 lessons a week so we have to be obedient to that in order to see the miracles happen and you are keeping us from being obedient cause you won’t let us teach you.  We told them that we have a ton of gators that are so close we all just need to go one step further and reach all of our potential that the Lord knows we have!  I’m doing good and things are going by quickly.  I can’t believe I’m already going on my 4th transfer next week.  There is a talk called “Safety for the Soul”.  You should listen to it…it’s really good.  I really haven’t changed much, but believe it or not I really like to study the Book of Mormon.  I am gaining knowledge and truly seeing all that the book has to offer.  I have started marking my new scriptures up like crazy.  I read 10 chapters a day and I am already to 2nd Nephi Chapter 3 and I only started fully reading it a few days ago.  Read 2nd Nephi Chapters 31 & 32…they are super good!  Tony and his girls came to the Mission Viejo Stake Center so I got to see them again.  They brought me some new socks.  I got pretty sick last week but I powered through it.  The weather here is hot in the day and cold at night.  Sorry I have no pictures to send you.  My camera has totally died.  I will talk to you again next Monday….I love you all!"

No comments: