9 years ago
Tuesday, September 3, 2013
Week 8
We waited all day yesterday to receive no email from Kyle. If we would have been thinking we would have realized that it was Labor Day and that the libraries were all closed. I was excited however to get an email from him today...it actually brightened my day leaps and bounds. He really didn't have much to say but he did express that his week was going alot better than last week. He said that it was transfers today. He said that he wasn't being transferred but that he would be getting a new companion. He is nervous for what lies ahead. Although he struggled a bit with his last companion, you just never know what the next one will be like. I told him just to remember to be nice, understanding, and patient. He says that the area he is in is very slow. This past week he was able to teach the lessons to several inactive ward members. He shared an experience he had this past week with a homeless/drug addict man that he was teaching how to pray. He said that once the man said "Heavenly Father", you could feel the spirit in the room. He said that the spirit was so strong that it gave him chills and that he couldn't help himself from crying. He goes on to testify that the power of prayer is real..."it's amazing Mom". I asked if he had taken any pictures. He told me yes but that he had left the camera in the car so I would have to wait until next Monday before I saw them. I miss this kid of mine terribly, but everyday I am thankful for road he has taken. I am thankful that he is choosing the right and that he is sharing his testimony and the gospel with others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment