Hey everyone!
So this week was crazy fast!! I guess that's what happens
when half your week you're on exchanges!!
So on Tuesday I was able to go on exchanges with one of our
ZLs Elder Donohue in the Santa Margarita ward! That was a really good
exchange! They have a kid who is getting ready to be baptized this Sunday which
is pretty sick! I was able to give him the baptismal interview and talk to him
about his conversion and what not! Pretty funny cause it started out with how a
Mormon girl told him she would go on a date with him if he read the Book of
Mormon! So he read it and couldn't put it down the spirit was just way too
strong! Needless to say he has read it 5 times and still hasn't gotten
that date!! Poor kid!! After that we went over to Kurt Webb's house!! Which was
pretty cool! We have a lot of mutual friends (mainly the Zundel's) but it was
cool to talk Tremonton with him cause no one here understands heaven when they
hear about it! haha
So that night I was able to go on another exchange with a
member in my district Elder Merrill! This time in my own area and that was a
really good exchange as well!
He's a very closed off kid and he opened up a lot! It was cool to be able to talk to him and share with each other experiences and the struggles we're each going through and then to set goals as to how we can help each other out! It was a very fun and successful exchange even though most of the day we were running around to various places!!
Then comes conference!! The last one on my mission!! It's
crazy but it was super good!! Besides all the marriage talks there was a ton
that really stood out to me!! I really enjoyed the talk by Elder Brent H
Nielson who previously came to our mission! I love how he focuses on leaving
the 99 and going to get that 1! It's something that I need to be better at...
putting more trust in the 99 and reaching out to the 1! I also loved Elder
Holland's talk! Especially the story he gave at the beginning of the two
brothers being in that situation! It made me ask myself the question of "would
I be there for my brother even if he tells me to leave"! Honestly couldn't
help but think of my little brother and how he is always there for me even when
I get super mad at him or whatever it may be. He's always got my back and I'm
very grateful for him!!
And one of my favorite parts about this week was the Outback
dinner after priesthood session!! You can't beat eating a FREE meal with your
best buds!! We're going on 2 conferences in a row of it being FREE!! haha!
I love you all and very grateful for each of you! I hope you
had a great Easter with Christ in mind!
Scipture!
Moses 7:62
62
And righteousness will I send down out of heaven; and truth will I send forth
out of the earth, to bear testimony of mine Only Begotten; his resurrection from the dead; yea, and also
the resurrection of all men; and
righteousness and truth will I cause to sweep the earth as with a flood, to
gather out mine elect from the four quarters of the earth, unto a place which I
shall prepare, an Holy City, that my people may gird up their loins, and be
looking forth for the time of my coming; for there shall be my tabernacle, and
it shall be called Zion, a New Jerusalem.
| Three Amigos....Elder McGary, Elder Hess, Elder Hancock |
| After dinner at Outback Steakhouse |


No comments:
Post a Comment