Monday, December 15, 2014

Slump Bustin!


Hey!!

So this week was pretty weird just cause half our MTC family is home now!! Makes me feel like I'm mission age old even tho I'm still 19 haha but it's all good!

This week was so slow!! It was lame!! Like half our lessons bailed on us! So we started Sunday with only 13 lessons... but end it with 20 so we ended pretty strong!!

So latley I feel like I've been going through a slump! Like I've been going 1 for 10 at the plate just like in highschool.  I Feel like I'm not doing enough I've felt like I've been super dissobedient just like in a huge slump and have been freaking out trying to get out of it! So I decided to go slump busting!! (in a good way) so a couple mornings ago I woke up and read the talk "missionary work and the atonement"- By Elder Holland... and it answered so many questions and concerns I had.  One of which being.. why isnt missionary work easy? why aint we seeing success? why am I not happy? Then it simply said afterwards.. "missionary work ain't easy cause salvation isn't a cheap experience" sometimes we have to go through Gethsemane and on to Calvary to find happiness in the work and success!! This talk really hit me hard this week!

So after my studies that morning I had the impression to do a little more to take it to the next level.  So that whole morning and most of the day I texted about 60 Potentials and Formers in our phone to try and set up a lesson.  I went about this with the mind set of "hey if I don't get a text back or I don't set up an appointment... at least I tried"!  After all 60 texts... on the last person I texted we got a response and set up an appointment!!! Totally worth it!! Her name is Terri she might be crazy but at least we get to meet with her!!

That was pretty much my week! I hope everyone is having a good Christmas! I know I am!! Love you all!!

Elder Hess

Scripture.

1st Nephi 19:9

 9 And the world, because of their iniquity, shall judge him to be a thing of naught; wherefore they scourge him, and he suffereth it; and they smite him, and he suffereth it. Yea, they spit‍ upon him, and he suffereth it, because of his loving kindness‍ and his long-suffering‍ towards the children of men.
Hanging out on Transfer Day!

No comments: