Monday, October 27, 2014

Leaving Irvine!

Dave ... Texas Investigator

Elder Hess and Gordan Cutler

Elder Rivera/Ryan/Elder Hess

Fred's Baptism

Irvine Bishop and his family

Sister Bell/Elder Hess

Ryan/Elder Hess

Turner Family

Stokes Family

Ryan/ Elder Hess/ Adam

Ryan and his Girl Friend's Family

Hey Everyone!

So another week has come and gone! It’s going by way too fast! I feel like I just got to Irvine and now... IM LEAVING!!  It’s crazy how fast that 7.5 months have gone by! Irvine has been a great area to be in both in Northwood and in Oak Creek! I’ve worked really hard for success in these two areas and once we get a baptism I get transferred! Seems about right! haha but it’s all good! I’m excited to come back on Saturday for Ryan’s baptism!

This week has been pretty good! I was able to go to dinner with Brother Cutler.  That was pretty neat!  It’s good to see old faces!  I also talked to Brother Campbell on the phone that night! That was pretty cool haha!

Saturday we had the baptism of Fred in the WB2 ward.  He was the guy who came to church and we taught him the first lesson and set the date with him and passed him off at the same time!! It was a really good service…he has a strong testimony! 

That night we had a stake Trunk or Treat that was pretty fun!  Us as missionaries had to help out with it which means we had to do everything but it was good!

Also that night was transfer calls and I’m finally getting kicked out! But it’s all good cause I hope I go to the beach for the holidays! Here’s to hoping!!

Then Sunday we taught Ryan the law of chastity with this girlfriend there! You know me! I  made it as awkward as possible! young love! haha but ya that’s pretty much it! He’s getting baptized on Saturday!!

Scripture of the Week!

Section 4

Revelation given through Joseph Smith the Prophet to his father, Joseph Smith Sr., at Harmony, Pennsylvania, February 1829.

1-4, Valiant service saves the Lord’s ministers; 5-6, Godly attributes qualify them for the ministry; 7, The things of God must be sought after.

1.       Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come forth among the children of men.

2.      Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.

3.      Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work;

4.      For behold the field is white already to harvest; and lo, he that thusteth in his sickle with his might, the same layeth up in store that he perisheth not, but bringeth salvation to his soul;

5.      And faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work.

6.      Remember faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, charity, humility, diligence.

7.      Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.  Amen.

Love you all!

Elder Hess

No comments: