Tuesday, June 3, 2014


Sorry about yesterday….the internet was down in Irvine so the one email I sent you was from the church.  We wouldn’t have been able to talk much cause we had a lesson with two ladies we contacted on the street and picked them up as investigators!!   Here’s a funny story.  We contacted the two ladies in a window and I pretended that I had a lisp because I wanted to make it fun.  The funny thing is they actually listened to us but only let us teach for the practice.  We then talked to them again yesterday and now they are investigating.  When she found out I really didn’t have a lisp she said that we were desparate.  I agreed with her and said that we were desparate and had to just make it fun.  She laughed and then asked me what my name was and I said Elder Hess and she was like wow your just a funny guy aint ya and I was like no that’s really what I’m called.  We then all just laughed and thought it was funny.  We have another lesson with them tomorrow at three.  So yesterday we did the Buffalo Wild Wings Blazin Challenge and we played ball.  I failed the buffalo wild wings challenge miserably.  You had to eat 12 wings in 6 minutes and it’s with their hottest sauce they have.  Remember the guy we found on the street last week and I told him to talk to his wife and that she would listen.  Well….we still haven’t heard back from him.  I’m still hoping and praying that he’s going to call.  I’m still working on family history.  I put two more names on our family history.  I believe that it is Grandma Pakka’s Mom and Dad.  Her mom’s name was Rose and her Dad’s name is Leelo….I think!  I also found Grandma Rose’s parents (John Goodlin and Martha Rose Thomas) but we are having trouble finding Leelo’s  parents.  It’s coming along…a member is helping me a lot with it.  So remember when I was little I would wake up crying with leg pain.  They’re back!  I’m getting them again mostly in my calves.  I do my best to ignore them….but they hurt! I had Natto yesterday and threw up! So gross!  It’s nasty Japanese food.  It’s fermented like coffee beans almost with like this stuff over it that is just nasty.  It looks like beans in snot.  I just had one little bean and it made me throw up….it was absolutely gross!  We ate it at a member’s home.  The member served in Japan and he feeds us Japanese food every Saturday.  Believe it or not….I pretty much try anything now.  I’m still pretty picky and everyone thinks I’m just strange cause I don’t eat icecream, candy, and other stuff.  I’d like to send some pictures, but the computers here in Irvine are not that good.  I think Sister Orgill is actually gonna set up another account for the missionaries for just pictures.  I’m hoping to stay in Irvine until September.  I don’t want to move.  Moving and packing and starting all over really kinda sucks.  I’m good with not having to move to a lot of areas.  I’m at three now so if I stay here until September and then stay at the next one until March and then one more for the last 4 months that would be great by me.  But….like everything…I will go and do whatever is asked of me.  Love you all!  Tell Grandma I sent her a birthday card and that it’s in the mail.  I know…it’s a miracle that I would write a letter. 

No comments: