Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving

"Hey, this last week went by so slow!! It was awful slow because everyone was gone for the Thanksgiving holiday. We only taught like 13 lessons total.  It’s all good though, this week should be much better and a whole lot busier.  We went to our investigators for Thanksgiving and then went to a ward member’s after that for another Thanksgiving.  I basically ate a plate of dinner at each home.  I was so full!!  After eating dinner at both places we went to a big zone activity and we watched the best two years again.  Earlier in the day I played in our ward turkey bowl for about two hours…that was fun and I even scored one of the touchdowns.  Yesterday when we were at Brother Patch’s house having dinner, I got called Elder Eccles in the prayer.  Brother Patch was praying for me and Elder Bufton but he had forgotten my name so he called me Elder Eccles…that was a bit awkward. We got moved into a member’s home and we share a little bedroom probably the size of Kellen’s.  It is crazy small but the exciting news is .... WE GOT A DOG!!!  It’s an Austrailian Shepherd and she is soooo cute.  Her name is Charlotte.  It’s the missionaries dog for as long as they live in the house.  So once we leave the next set of missionaries will be the new owner of the dog.  This dog is so obedient and fun to be around….I absolutely love it!  It’s December and the weather here is in the 80’s.  I love the weather but kind of miss the snow for the holidays.  We have a mission conference and dinner on the 19th which will be fun cause we will be getting a Christmas present….IPADS!!  We are going over to our ward mission leader’s home on Christmas day to Skype on his computer.  I don’t know what time that will be but hopefully it will be in the AM.  Tell everyone I am doing good and that I love them."

Charlotte

Charlotte & Elder Hess

Chillin in the car with Elder Bufton

Name Tag hitting the rain = Hot Wife

No comments: