Yesterday afternoon we were all taking a Sunday nap when I received a text message. The message was from a number that none of us recognized. We opened the text to read that it was from Tony (A member of the Laguna Hills 2nd Ward). The text said that Kyle was being transferred on Tuesday and so we wouldn't hear from him today, but would likely hear from him on Tuesday around 10:00 a.m. It also said that he would most likely need a bicycle in the new area that he was being transferred to and he would need some funds for the bike. It also said tell my Mom that I love her!". Upon hearing that he needed a bike, lots of thoughts came rushing into my head. My first thought was on the Missionary who was just recently killed riding his bicycle in Southern California. My second thought turned to the movie Rich and I just watched on Friday called The Saratov Approach. This movie was about two missionaries who were kidnapped for ransom money while serving in Russia in 1998. Although this movie was very difficult to watch as a missionary mom, it was one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. There were so many examples and lessons that could be learned from the story. So when I received this text yesterday, my thoughts turned to the movie and I immediately knew and understood that this was God's plan. My final thought was funds....where and how were we going to come up with money for a bike? When there is a will there is a way, and I know that all will work out. A little later in the evening, we received yet another text from Tony. This time it was a picture of Kyle and his companion. I love receiving random pictures of Kyle while he is serving. Kyle's smile is what sees me through. Knowing that he is happy and that he is doing our Heavenly Father's work is exactly what this Mom always needs.
 |
| Elder Fetterman & Elder Hess |
No comments:
Post a Comment