Hey Everyone!
So this week was pretty good considering!!
We had a huge zone conference on Thursday which was super
good pretty much just president throwing down on missionaries getting offended
all the time and retarded stuff like that which he doesn't care about!
Lately Salt Lake has been giving president crap for not
baptizing a lot and compared it to the Provo mission and how they baptize close
to 4000 where we are like 200... but let's go over statistics.
So our mission has about 160 missionaries for about 10000
active members. Provo has 400+ missionaries for about 116,000 or so give or
take... which means every missionary in our mission gets about 25 members to
work with where as Provo has about 150-200 members to every one missionary
so that's pretty nuts. So we have 6 stakes in our mission where Provo has
somewhere around 165 stakes. Provo averages 14 baptisms per stake a year and
our mission averages 33 baptisms a year per stake. So I think we are doing
pretty well considering we're top 5 of the wealthiest missions in the world!!
Other than that our phone died completely the same day wouldn't hold a battery charge or anything so we were without a phone so we couldn't confirm dinner or anything like that so during the conference we got chastised hard core by our dinner coordinator and our WML who threatened to cancel dinner if we didn't call him back within 15 min... like yo I'm not your 6 year old kid alright!!
But... it's all good cause when we're face to face they love us!
It's the greatest thing! :)
So needless to say our ward is bi-polar... one day they love us
the next day they hate us haha but it's all good cause I'm not doing their work
ya know! It's the Lord's work and I feel like he's pretty happy with us so its all
good!! :) Just gotta keep smiling! Fake it till ya make it!!
That's pretty much my week tho!!
Scripture!
Philippians 3:8
8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
Love you all!!
Elder Hess


No comments:
Post a Comment