So to start off I wanna wish Sister Stratton a Happy Birthday!! Hope you have a good one!
So this week was pretty interesting. I had an experience that
will take up my letter today so as for investigators and what not things are
going pretty good!
So as we all know I was not very
patient or really loving and had a pretty hot head when I was home even I'll
admit to that one. So my whole mission I've been really trying to work on those
things specifically and I've been doing very well... Untill Thursday.. then the
hot headed Kyle came out!
So this week we taught Terri... she's the one that I met her son while I was in Irvine and kinda got him into the church!. So I was super excited to teach her. I knew going in that she was from Calvary chapel and they don't like Mormons at all!! But I went in with a good attitude and I was super excited! It started out pretty good... then it took a huge nose dive and went down fast!!
As we were teaching Terri turned the table hard and started bashing and saying Revelations says no one can add to the bible and that's all the Book of Mormon is and just going off!! I was sitting there keeping my mouth shut cause I didn't want contention! Then she went on by saying we follow the devil and that we should throw the Book of Mormon away and that we are immature 20 year old children who know nothing and we're just following our parents and just ripping into us and then on me calling me prideful and how God hates pride and all that stuff.
So I turned to my companions and mouthed to him saying look change the lesson or I'm gonna tear her apart. I couldn't handle it and I was gonna go off on her! So Elder Stevens tried turning the lesson and it didn't work she just kept going off telling me what I believe and that I'm a devil.
So I prayed hard and said look God you better tell me what to do or I'm just gonna go off and just tear her apart I'm not gonna take this anymore.
As I got done praying she just turned it up a notch and I was done and the hot headed Elder Hess came out of me and I stood up and said look don't you ever tell me what I believe again and right before I was gonna go off I was comfounded and went dumb I couldn't speak. At that moment I heard the spirit loud and clear tell me to get out now and leave. So I walked out and looked at her and said the wicked take the truth to be hard!
So after I left I
went out to the car breaking a pretty big rule not being with a companion and I
was praying in the car just apologizing and I heard my Father in Heaven tell me
he was proud of me for getting out of that situation and heeding to the spirit.
I started reading the Book of Mormon in the car and came across this scripture
that brought a lot of comfort to me!
Alma 34 40-41
40 And now my beloved brethren, I
would exhort you to have patience, and that ye bear with all manner of
afflictions; that ye do not revile against those who do cast you out because of
your exceeding poverty, lest ye become sinners like unto them;
41 But that ye have patience, and bear with those afflictions, with a firm hope that ye shall one day rest from all your afflictions.
I love you all and hope you each have a good week!
Love,
Elder Hess


No comments:
Post a Comment