Tuesday, May 26, 2015

This is it!


Hey Everyone!

This week was a pretty good week! It was the last week of the transfer so of course everyone is wondering if they were staying or going! It was really nice to know that I wasn't going to go anywhere! So I'll be finishing up in Avendale but get a new companion tonight!

So this week was crazy when it came to stuff we had going on!

On Tuesday we go to district meeting and our investigator sends us a text and she's like so I've been praying for the 30th for my baptism and the number 26 keeps popping up so I think that's the day!! So that was pretty cool! She's now praying about which month! So hopefully it's next month!

Thursday was the crazy day cause it was Elder Bufton's departing dinner so it was kind of weird just sitting with him and like talking about the mission and how fast it goes by! He's helped me a ton! Gave me some good advise for my last transfer that I'm now in! So it was a good night! Jenny also went and did temple tours that night with my comp and another elder so that was a good experience for them!

So Saturday was kinda a depressing day! I went with Elder Bufton back to MV1 and said our goodbyes before we both go home and it was just like emotional! Like I grew to love that ward a lot it was my family ward and to say goodbye was pretty hard! But its comforting to know I'm only 12 hours away from here! haha

So yesterday was Memorial Day and we have a member who's name is John Crozier who is a special ops like recon marine! Does crazy stuff that he's not allowed to tell anyone not even his wife! So this guy is crazy! So we find out he's doing a Marine workout called the thrasher which included like 205 deadlift as many times as we can.. tire flips.. 132 lbs. kettle bell walks of 100 yards and about 18 different work outs all in a circuit! So we decided to ask if we can come and he says yes but make sure to drink a "can of man" haha it was crazy! I thought we were only going around once and he said at the end of the first round that we're going again! So it was just nuts it was so intense!! After the work out we decided to go to gold's gym and work our some more! I was actually pretty impressed with myself being able to bench 200 after the work out with Brother Crozier! but today I'm regretting it now and probably will for about a week! haha but it was fun!

Sorry this letter is all over the place and don't make sense haha!

Love you all!

Elder Hess (6 weeks!!)

Scripture!

1 Corinthians 10:13

 13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

No comments: