Hey Everyone!
So this week was a really good week!! It was the last week of the transfer and calls came on Saturday! I will be staying with Elder Younger in Live Oak Canyon in Santa Margarita! and I will also be staying here for the remainder of my mission which I am pretty excited about!! Mainly cause the next time I have to pack is to come home haha!!
But this week had some really good things happen!! We were
able to go to the temple and really think about how we can see miracle and see
God's hand in our work and be humble enough to recognize they come from God!!
By doing so we saw some pretty sick miracles!
We were able to teach Sister Venable! She is such an
amazing women! I love Sister Venable she is one of the strongest people I
know! These next couple weeks are gonna be really hard for her. Her husband
died about six years ago this week and it's also her wedding anniversary so this
time of year is really hard on her! So Elder Younger and I decided we're gonna
send her some flowers and try to buoy her up a little!
Also this week was our stake conference and we had some
miracles that happened! President and Sister Orgill who live in this stake
spoke! It was the same talk as it was in Mission Viejo a couple weeks ago at
their stake conference but they added a story a sister told them that happened
to them as they were proselyting and how the Lord put them in the right
spot at the right time so it was pretty amazing! They were able to
keep this 18 year old boy from taking his life!! I'd say that was a pretty big
miracle!
The next day (Sunday) the high councilmen over
missionary work (Brother Hobbins) who is also in our ward went hard
doing missionary work who by the way has shingles and can barely move!
Anyway he got a less active, who missionaries have been trying to get
back for a couple years, to come to church!! And they sat second row... it
was awesome!! His name is Dennis Lytton who actually lives in Las Flores who I
was trying to work with when I was there! The miracle to go along with that
is his sister who is our investigator Lori Hume who we have been working with
for a while who has told us she is scared to change religions told Brother
Hobbins last week that she is no longer scared and she also has a friend ready
to take lessons as well!! Can you say 2 baptisms?? Ahh Yaa!! It's pretty
exciting! We're teaching them this Wednesday!!
That's about it for the week its awesome!! I love seeing
miracles. I love California. I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I love being apart
of this work!!
Scripture!
Doctrine and Covenants 4:2
2 Therefore, O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve him with all your heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day.
Love you all!!
Elder Hess


No comments:
Post a Comment